What is WargameHQ?
I love playing, talking about, and writing about wargames. I started back in 1988 and haven’t looked back. Across the past three decades, I may have taken some breaks from my favorite hobby (college…I’m looking at you!), but throughout it all I have remained an ardent fan of all things boardgaming. My collection is now well over 1,000 titles, but I still have so many unplayed games I wanted to create a site that documented my collection, interests, and thoughts on the games I love in the hobby that’s been with me for over thirty years now.
If you love wargaming as well, then this is YOUR headquarters as well. Drop me a line! I’d love to hear about your story, have you write for WargameHQ, or review a product your company is producing!
How did you select THESE games?
The games listed on the site are the games I own. I added them all so I’d have placeholders for when I add content about each game. If there’s a game you’d like me to cover, get in touch and we can work it out most likely!
Can I Contribute to the WargameHQ?
Without reservation, yes!
We are interested in creators who want to:
- Contribute game photography
- Write feature stories about games, the industry, or contribute interviews
- Provide us rights to add your videos to our site
- Host their wargame podcast with us (if we get enough, we can look at stats and potentially broker advertising revenue on your programs)
- Attend conventions and do write-ups for the site
- Publishers who want to promote their upcoming games
- Designers who want to contribute design journal entries about the games they’re working on currently
If it’s a compelling idea, we’re likely to want to publish it!